The Armour power plant in East St. Louis, Illinois was in operation from 1903 to 1959. It provided electricity to the largest meat processing facility in the country.
The dark somber forms of these concrete parking garages provided endless possibilities for creating complex geometrical compositions.
Constructed in 1894 by the firm of Eames and Young, Cupples Station in downtown St. Louis, Missouri is one of the earliest examples of the use of railroads for the delivery of merchandise to and from a warehouse complex.